Volunteer for our festival!
We are now looking for volunteers for our festival. Whether it’s only for a few hours or the duration of the festival, you can help.
Volunteers are Always Welcome!
Join our Team and be a part of this year’s DREAMSPEAKERS INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL! Your participation makes the Festival truly great!
Our festival takes place September 23-29, 2016 with films and videos along with workshops, panel discussions and dialogues.
Below is a brief description of duties for this year’s festival and will go into more detail when we have our Volunteer Session with fellow volunteers and staff of Dreamspeakers tentatively scheduled for the 1st week in September.
- Venue Manager: Will be required to handle cash, sales records, go to person.
- Volunteer Manager: Schedule volunteers and ensure back ups if needed.
- Greeters/Host: Meet & greet Festival patrons for theatre, workshops, panel discussions and dialogues.
- Box Office: Taking and selling tickets. Requires being comfortable handling cash. Hand out programs to patrons.
- Counter: Count number (keep track) of patrons during the festival.
- Security: Check washrooms, crowd control, assist staff and patrons during festival events.
- Awards Night: Duties will include, set up of decorations, host, assisting with performers needs, award recipients.
- Set up/clean up: Assist staff with set up and clean up before, in between and after events.
- Evaluations: Hand out to patrons post screening, workshop, panel discussion and dialogues. Collect them when completed.
Help fill the filmmakers’ swag bags and perform other office tasks.
Place promotional posters around town.
During The Festival
Serve as group leader for screenings and events. Must have good organizational skills and work well with others.
Serve as group leader for the festival duration. Must have good organizational skills and work well with others.